There have been some crazy changes in my life lately. So many changes, that I haven’t been able to wrap my mind around it.
Since last Thurs I…
- Turned 21 — suddenly I can buy a drink at a restaurant, and I feel pretty cool about it.
- Officially graduated college — My last class ended Friday, and I have written my last term paper EVER.
- Packed up all my belongings — And let me tell you, I own a ton of crap.
- Moved back home with my parents — Which is probably good because, you know, actually eating is nice.
- And started a grown up advertising job at Carmichael Lynch — Ok… it’s an internship. But I commute on the train, have my own desk AND extension (ooooh ahhhh), and I bill clients for my hours.
It’s been a crazy ride. I mean, a week ago I was still a college kid going to class and living off Ramen. And now that chapter of my life is finished… I’m basically starting my whole life over.
But it’s alright because I’m loving every minute of it. I’m in my favorite city, surrounded by people I love, doing my dream job!
It’s been so cool to be part the atmosphere at Carmichael Lynch. Everyone genuinely enjoys the work they are doing, and it’s completely contagious. I think it has something to do with feeling like part of something big. I know I feel that way, and I just finished my first week.
I mean, have you seen this ad? My co-workers made this happen!
(Also. If you haven’t seen the new Jack Link’s commercials yet, you should. I think they’re hilarious: http://carmichaellynch.com/)
Seriously, though. I’m so thankful to be learning from an agency full of such fun and talented people. I am so excited for what the rest of the summer holds… Even though I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do when this is over…